We have a wide range of custom made kilts for sale. In order to go ahead and place your order for a custom kilt, just follow these five steps which will allow you to place your order.
Custom Made Kilts – Follow Our 5 Steps
If you would like one of our custom made kilts, all you need to do is follow these five steps:
- Select your style of kilt.
- Select the material you’d like the kilt to be made of.
- Select your tartan (plaid).
- Send us your measurements.
- Add some accessories to your kilt.
Let’s take a look at these five steps in greater detail.
Choose your Style of Kilt
More often than not, our customers are looking for a “modern” style of kilt. This basically means a kilt that is worn around the waist and comes down as far as the knee. An example of the modern kilt is shown below.
We also have the “Great Kilt” available. This type of kilt was worn in the 16th century, and is perfect for individuals looking for added authenticity to their kilt outfit. Typically, a Great Kilt is worn over the shoulder and twisted around the body, and is held in place with a brooch.
2. Choose a Material
You may think that a kilt is only made with wool. While more often than not the preferred material of choice is wool, there are also other materials that a kilt can be made of. For example, you could select to have a poly viscose kilt. This material is less hard wearing than wool, but if you are on a tight budget, this material might be a good idea. You can even choose a leather kilt!
3. Choose a Tartan
We have a wide range of tartans available. Because there are literally hundreds of tartans in existence, we cannot list them all on our website. If you have a tartan you’d like to use, just let us know. Or, if you don’t know what to choose, we can help you select the right tartan for your kilt. You may want to select a tartan that is associated with your family name.
4. Send us your Measurements
This is probably the most important step. It is crucial that you take your time with these measurements to ensure they are accurate. A custom made kilt that is tailored to fit you will look far better than an off the shelf kilt that is often either too big or too small. The measurements we require are as follows:
- Waist Size – In order to measure the size of your waist, simply get a measuring tape and wrap it around your waist. Ensure you start the measurement at your belly button, and wrap it back round until it comes back to the starting position at your belly button. Record your waist size in inches.
- Hip Size – Our rule of thumb here is to add 5 inches to your waist size. So, if you have a 32 inch waist, your hip size will be 37 inches.
- Length – This is a measurement taken from your belly button, to the middle of your knees. This measurement will ensure that the kilt we make for you is not too small or too big.
5. Choose Accessories
After choosing the material and tartan, aswell as telling us your measurements, tell us what you would like to come with your kilt. You will more than likely require the following:
Now that you have made your order, we will go ahead and produce a kilt outfit to your exact specifications. If you have any questions about the process, just let us know! We are here to help.